Duncaster is where
we show gratitude to an incredible staff.
Also in 2020, Duncaster made significant investments in staff to help them feel supported and well-resourced during an unprecedented year including:
• Acquiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure staff were protected while caring for residents with COVID-19 and providing enhanced, ongoing training to ensure PPE was utilized appropriately.
• Instituting a bonus program for employees working on the COVID-19 positive neighborhood, and making ongoing enhancements to infection-control protocols to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19.
• Instituting paid sick leave, non-FMLA leave of absences, hazard pay, and temporary telecommuting. The merit budget was also increased from 3% to 5%.
• Implementing Concentra’s Tele-medicine and Tele-rehabilitation Programs for workplace injuries, making it easy for staff to seek medical care for any reason.
• Installing additional Tele-medicine services to include no-cost mental health consultations for full-time employees. Online counseling was also offered by our Employee Assistance Program to ensure all had access to quality, convenient care.
• Working with our Diversity & Inclusion Council to engage staff in important diversity, equity and inclusion conversations.
• Covering all COVID-19 related expenses for testing, Tele-health and medical care at 100% through September 30, 2020, and waiving the deductible for inpatient hospitalization and outpatient surgery performed at St Francis Hospital.
• Contracting with Concentra to perform N-95 mask fit testing for employees, per OSHA standards.
• Implementing the Bravo Workplace Recognition System resulting in 241 Bravos given to full-time employees who demonstrated positive behavior, service excellence, teamwork, respect & trust, empowerment or fun.
• Awarding 15 Employee Education Committee grants totaling $18,000 to employees seeking to further their education while in service to Duncaster.